Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Hangover on Every Tree!

Apparently Christmas Eve is a big party holiday in Milwaukee, judging by all the vomit and broken glass on the sidewalks Monday morning. Maybe just a warm-up for New Year's Eve... oh, and I just heard that they rescheduled the Packers and Bears game for that very EVENING, as if there wasn't going to be enough beer sold! Then the Badger's play on New Year's Day. I'd say the best strategy might be to not start drinking until the Packer's game STARTS, and then stay drunk THROUGH the Badger's game the next day. The winner will face the winner of the methamphetamine brain damaged deer hunters vs. deer hunters with dementia death match in the Kohler Coliseum in February.

I went to see Apocalypto on Christmas Day, hoping to start a new tradition, and indeed, the green of the forest along with the blood decorated bodies, topped with bleeding, throbbing just removed hearts, made for a festive color scheme. I was really hoping that the extreme, graphic nature of the violence would make up for the clichéd action and story and make me physically ill, but I'm afraid that I was already desensitized by the nachos I made the mistake of buying to hold me over until post movie Paul's Omega. They consisted of a very rattley plastic bag of tortilla chips and a plastic tub of warm, runny, orange cheese substance, which ran all over my hands, my coat, my pants, the seat next to me, and the little kid in the family next to me. As long as it was hot it was edible, I guess, which is, I guess, back to the movie, why they started cooking animal flesh in the first place. Anyway, in the head to head grossness contest, the nacho cheese spread beat out the wild pig testicles… sorry!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I'm kind of worried about you! Are you drinking eggnog with uncooked eggs, and/or, worse, a little "extra?" Bucause you sure sound like it! Since when do you worry about people drinking beer, FOOTBALL, New Year's Eve, what people think (not to mention, what happened to your grammer and spelling)? Not that I'm so great, and I know it must be hard being stuck in a shithole like Milwaukee, but WHY would you go to see Apocalypto (on ANY day) and why WHY WHY! would you get the nachos at a movie theater? Are you insane? Are you experiencing problems? You can talk to me here. I'm sure no one else reads this goddamn thing!