Friday, March 02, 2007

SPRI

On my return to the gym, back in the stretching room, I noticed that the ball that came rolling for me the other day had the letters "SPRI" on it. I am assuming that this is the name of the manufacturer of the ball, but what does it mean?

It made me a little sad, actually, because it made me think about "Spree" and how he's at the other gym, and I won't see him anymore.

Anyway, I have spent the rest of the day trying to think of what those letters stand for! The first thing I came up with is "Springfield, Rhode Island." Becaue doesn't every state have a Springfield? Not Rhode Island, apparently. Oh well, I'll keep trying.

2 comments:

Ray Speen said...

I've spent the last TWO WEEKS trying to think of something that that that might stand for, but I can't get any further than SP=Speen, and RI, of course= Rhode Island. I give up! Fuck it!

Maybe now would be a good time to say HERE that I am seriously considering moving to Rhode Island.

Ray Speen said...

Well, TOrefy, it all has to do with that Tommy Roe song called "Jack and Jill"-- you know the song, right? And the line that goes: "Health clubs are overcrowded with young men/concerned and unhappy with conditions that they're in."